There are many different types of theft crimes that can be committed depending on the value of the items stolen and the circumstances under which they were stolen. You could face a range of serious penalties for different theft crime charges.
The penalties for theft are as follows:
- $500 or less – Class A misdemeanor; fine of up to $2,500
- At least $500 but less than $1,000 – Class E felony; maximum fine of $3,000; standard 1-2 years in prison
- At least $1,000 but less than $10,000 – Class D felony; maximum fine of $5,000; standard 2-5 years in prison
- At least $10,000 but less than $60,000 – Class C felony; maximum fine of $10,000; standard 3-6 years in prison
- At least $60,000 but less than $250,000 – Class B felony; maximum fine of $25,000; standard 8-12 years in prison
- $250,000 or more – Class A felony; maximum fine of $50,000; standard 15-25 years in prison
If you have been arrested and charged with a theft crime, then you need skilled representation on your side as soon as possible. At the Law Office of James M. Marshall, we can provide you with the aggressive representation that you need and we can put our extensive experience to work for you. With more than 17 years of experience in handling various criminal cases, we have a long history of success in the cases we have handled.
You can feel confident in the representation that our firm provides. Contact Attorney James M. Marshall today to discuss your case and to learn more about how we can help you.